- 1 cup softened butter
- One large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two ¼ cup flour
- For the filling: Jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat softened butter and sugar together. Add egg yolk with vanilla extract to the mixture and stir it well. Lastly, add flour to the mixture and mix all the ingredients till they are properly incorporated with each other. The final mixture or dough texture should be very smooth.
- Next, take a pastry bag with a star tip attached to it. Place the dough in it. Make sure that you only fill half or two-thirds of the bag, because otherwise, it will become difficult to squirt it out of the bag. Pipe ring or S-shaped dough onto the baking sheets. Make use of cold sheets as using hot sheets will result in the loose shape of the cookies.
- Make a small indention at the curve of the ‘S’ to pipe it with a small dollop of jam. If you want to make use of cherries or nuts, you can just press it directly into the indention.
- Last but not the least, bake the cookies at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for around 10-12 minutes. The idea is that the cookies should be golden brown in appearance when you take the tray out of the oven.
- Store the cookies in an airtight jar for future binge eating. Your cookies will stay crisp for anywhere between 1 to 3 weeks after they have been prepared.