- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt. Add in the flour and stir until well combined.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Place your spaetzle maker over the top, then pour half of the batter into the cup of the device.
- Quickly slide the cup back and forth to allow the batter to drop through.
- Repeat with second half of batter, working quickly, until all the batter is cooking in the pot.
- Set the spaetzle maker aside and give the dumplings a good stir in the pot.
- Let them cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until floating on the surface.
- Add the thyme sprig and let it fry for about 1 minute to infuse the oil.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with butter and spices. Serve warm.