- 15.84 oz. (450 g) sauerkraut
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8.45 floz (250 ml) white wine
- 33.81 floz (1 liter) beef stock
- 8.8 oz. (250 g) beef, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons yoghurt (optional)
- Place the sauerkraut, onions, wine and beef stock into a pan and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the salt and pepper to the meat and shape into small balls about the size of a marble.
- Drop the meatballs into the soup along with the sugar and simmer 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat, stir through the parsley and plate up.
- Place a dollop of yoghurt onto of soup.