- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork steaks or cutlets, pounded thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and flour.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place the egg in a separate dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip pork steaks in egg, then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork to a platter and keep warm.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until lightly browned. Pour in water and dissolve the bouillon cube.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir together the cornstarch and sour cream; stir into the skillet.
- Cook over low heat until thickened but do not boil.
- Spoon over the pork cutlets and serve immediately.