- 1 Kaiser roll
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Soak Kaiser roll in a bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain, squeezing out excess water, and crumble into a large bowl.
- Mix crumbled roll with ground beef, ground pork, onion, parsley, egg, paprika, salt, and black pepper until well blended.
- Shape meat into large flattened meatballs.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; fry meatballs until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.