- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine together all the ingredients except egg and lemon extract.
- Mix perfectly, add the remaining ingredients and knead until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into pieces and make shapes.
- Put on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF for 12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.