- 1 (2- to 4-ounce) portion strong coffee
- Sugar cubes
- 1 (1 1/2 ounces/40 ml) jigger dark, Jamaican rum
- Whipped cream
- Fill the cup with coffee, sweeten to taste with the sugar cubes, then add the rum.
- Place whipped cream on top and serve immediately.
- This coffee drink is typically served in a large glass tumbler with a saucer made for this drink.
- If you can’t find this cup, use a coffee cup as in the photo.
- Traditionally, you are not supposed to stir this drink, but sip it through the whipped cream.
- If you stir it, you may be required to buy a round of drinks.