- 4.2 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or 1 packet of vanilla sugar)
- 5.6 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Osterbackform “Lamm” (Easter Lamb Pan) – (27.5cm x 15cm x 6.5cm)
- Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C degrees. Butter and flour the inside of the lamb pan and clip the sides back together. Place the lamb pan on a baking sheet UPSIDE DOWN.
- Cream together the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- One at a time, add the eggs and mix well after each egg. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter/sugar and mix until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the milk and mix until smooth – no more than about a minute. You don’t want to overwork the batter.
- Pour all the batter into the prepared lamb pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow the lamb to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Trim off any excess cake from the seams. If the lamb does not sit upright, trim a little off the bottom to make it level.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Optionally, you can melt a bit of chocolate and pipe on ears and eyes.
- Also, you can tie a ribbon around the lambs neck.