- 0.6 oz fresh yeast
- 10 oz milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cup plain flour
- 0.75 cup raisins
- 1 oz clarified butter
- Dissolve the yeast in approximately 50 ml / 1 2/3 oz lukewarm milk.
- Add sugar and let the yeast mix stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine flour, pinch of salt and raisins. Make a small hatch in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the yeast milk.
- Add the remaining lukewarm milk and stir until viscous pancake dough results. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour.
- Heat clarified butter (or shortening) in a coated pan on medium heat. Put one tablespoonful of dough in the pan for each Struwen.
- You can bake 3-4 pancakes at once in the pan. Using a spoon flatten the dough until 8 cm / 3 inches in size.
- You might reduce the heat a little. The Struwen are thicker than normal pancakes and if the heat is too high they will be brown on the outside but not yet done inside. Serve the Struwen hot.
- If desired sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or confectioner’s sugar.