- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 1/2 lb sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce cocoa
- 3/4 ounce sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt cake pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together, then add vanilla, eggs and salt.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into butter-sugar-egg mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Only add enough milk for the batter to drop heavily and ripping apart from a spoon.
- Fill 2/3 of the batter into the greased cake pan.
- Mix the remaining batter with cocoa, sugar and 2 or 3 tablespoons milk, until batter again drops heavily and ripping apart from a spoon.
- Pour cocoa batter on top of the light one and move a fork spiralling through the two layers, so that you get a marbled pattern.