- 14.08 oz. lean beef
- 14.08 oz. pork
- 7.04 oz. bacon (with rind removed)
- 8.45 floz iced water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 dstspn marjoram
- Butter to grease the tin
- All meat must be well cooled before preparation begins.
- Cut meat into chunks and mince on a fine setting.
- Mix together both meats and add salt, pepper and the iced water until smooth.
- Mince the bacon on a medium setting and mix with the meat.
- Peel and grate the onion and add to the mixture together with the marjoram.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Put the mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Smooth the surface and, using the blade of a knife, make a diamond-shaped pattern across the top (about 5 mm deep).
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven 356°F (180°C) for about an hour (fan oven: approx. 320°F (160°C), gas mark 2 – 2.5).