- 10 oz Lyoner oder Leberkäse or Fleischwurst, sliced
- 1 medium sized onion
- 6 small pickled gherkins, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid from the pickled gherkins
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2-3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt, coarsely grounded pepper, mild paprika powder
- Cut the sausage slices into small stripes.
- Halve the onion and slice thinly.
- Put sausage, onions and gherkins into a bowl and blend.
- Put salt, pepper, paprika, oil and the other liquids into a shaker and mix thorougly.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the sausage and blend.
- Let the salad rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours, remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before you serve it with fried potatoes or fresh German bread.
- Prepare this delicious Wurstsalad the day before, it will taste even better because the onions are milder then.