- 3lbs good quality juicy pork
- 2lbs lean beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup beer
- 1 and a half teaspoons of powdered black pepper
- One teaspoon paprika
- Half teaspoon nutmeg
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One tablespoon dry mustard
- One tablespoon grounded sage
- Two teaspoons onion powder
- One tablespoon coriander
- Five teaspoons salt
- Two teaspoons of white sugar
- The preparation time is around 30 minutes. Follow the instructions to make the best bratwurst:
- First, cut the juicy pork and the beef into 2-inch cubes
- Next, grind them through a ¼ inch grinding plate.
- Next, take a small mixing bowl and beat the eggs and beer together until they blend well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Take a large bowl and combine all the ground meat and the wet mixture until they get incorporated very nicely.
- Cover this mixture using a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours. For best results you can even refrigerate it up to 24 hours. The longer, the better it will be.
- After this, you can stuff them into casings or even wrap in 1 pound packages and freeze after that.
There you go, your delicious homemade Bratwurst is ready!
Now that you have homemade Bratwurst ready, here is a recipe that will help you make one of the authentic dishes – the German way!