- 1.8 oz curing salt
- 3 juniper berries
- 1 bay leave
- some red wine – shot
- 2 pork chops from the crest
- Weigh salt and with water fill it up to 17 oz. in a big pot.
- Squeeze juniper berries and add with bay leave to the liquid.
- Bring to a boil, let cool off.
add red wine.
- Place meat into a freezer bag, then add curing liquid. Close bag tight.
- Keep it in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Drain it, then cook it in slightly salted water for 30 min. Serve it with Sauerkraut. The recipe for Sauerkraut you will find here: https://ilovegermanfood.com/recipes/sauerkraut