- 1 lb marzipan
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp orange liquor
- 80 almonds halved
- 8 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Chop the marzipan into pieces and place in a big bowl. Sift the powdered sugar into the bowl. Add the ground almonds, flour, egg whites, and orange liquor to the mixture. Knead well.
- Form small balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheets. Take 3 almond halves and press them into each ball, forming a star-like decoration.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and egg yolks. Brush the mixture on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.