- 2 x eisbein
- 1 x large onion (sliced)
- 2 x carrots (sliced)
- 4 x med potatoes (sliced in half)
- half a cup of tomato sauce
- half a cup of ms. Balls chutney
- 5 table spoon of sherry
- 4 table spoons of brown sugar
- olive oil
- In a large pot throw in your onion, carrots, salt and pepper and your eisbein.
- Water must cover the eisbein.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and let it simmer for 2 and a half hours.
- Boil your potatoes til soft.
- Sauce: mix tomato sauce, chutney,sherry and brown sugar till smooth.
- Turn on the oven on grill.
- After the meat is done take it of the stove and drain it.
- Spread a dash of olive oil on a baking tray.
- Spread allot of sauce on the eisbein skin, but do let it drip of the sides so the sauces is on and around the meat.
- Let the eisbein grill until the skin is crispy.
- After its done take it out and grill the potatoes in the same tray and the same sauce for 5 min.