- For the dough:
- 190 g flour (1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon)
- 20 g (2 1/2 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 70 g (1/3 cup) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g (2 1/2 tablespoons) chickpea flour, mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 110 g (1/2 cup) refined coconut oil, very soft
- For the filling:
- 50 ml (3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon) rum or Kirschwasser (or a
- combination of alcohol and soy milk)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) marzipan, cubed
- 25 g (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) raisins
- 50 g (1/2 cup) sliced almonds
- For the streusel topping:
- 40 g (1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- To make the dough:
Combine flour, starch, and baking powder in a bowl and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and use a hand held mixer to form into a dough. Form a ball, wrap in plastic and transfer to the fridge, cool for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- To make the filling:
Combine Kirschwasser, marzipan and sugar. Mix with a hand held blender or a food processor into a smooth purée.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log (35×30 cm or 13.8 x 11.8 inches). This works best if you place it between two layers of plastic wrap. Spread the marzipan mass on top, leaving a little margin on all sides. Sprinkle with raisins and almonds. Now roll the dough into a log very carefully and slowly. Cut into 10 pieces. Place on a baking sheet with a cut side up.
- To make the streusel topping:
Combine all ingredients and form crumbs. Sprinke on top of the bobbes and press them into the dough gently. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.