- 3 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package Dr. Oetker Sahnesteif (whipping cream stabilizer)
- 1 – 2 tsp powdered sugar, sifted (according to taste)
- 1½ cups prepared fruit
- Line a rimmed baking sheet (15″ X 10″) with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, corn starch, and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with 3 Tbsp water until stiff. Slowly whip in ½ cup sugar. Gently stir in egg yolks. Fold in flour mixture.
- Spread batter on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Place sheet of waxed paper over damp cloth towel. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Turn out cake onto waxed paper and peel off lining paper. Trim cake edges if needed.
- Roll up (lengthwise) cake and waxed paper together. Set aside to cool.
- Beat whipping cream, Sahnesteif (or Whip It), and powdered sugar until stiff.
- Mix fruit with whipped cream.
- Unroll cooled cake. Brush with jam if desired.
- Spread with fruit/cream mixture. Roll up, using waxed paper to lift cake.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.