- 1/2 cup shredded artisan cheese such as Emmentaler (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- few dots of unsalted butter
- optional parsley
- Preheat the broiler and position the rack about 6 inches from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and bread crumbs
- Arrange the oysters in a broiler pan.
- Spoon the cheese and bread crumb mixture over each oyster and dot with butter.
- Slide the pan under the hot broiler and stand guard in front of the oven to remove oysters from the oven when the tops are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.