- 8 Eggs – hard boiled (approx. 8 minutes) and cut in halves
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 13.5 floz. Vegetable fond
- 5.3 oz Crème fraiche or heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh dill – chopped
- salt & pepper
- In a heated pan melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Gently steam these until soft. Sprinkle with the flour and cook this gently, making sure it does not go brown.
- Pour in the vegetable fond and mix well. Add the heavy cream and allow to simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Add in the mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- In the meantime add the egg halves into the mustard sauce and heat through. Sprinkle the chopped dill over the sauce. Serve this on a heated plate with the Bratkartoffeln, boiled potatoes or Kartoffelpüree.
- A nice side dish to this is a big green salad with a light vinaigrette.