- 1/2 gallon whole-milk buttermilk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line a colander with cheese cloth and place over a large pot in the sink.
- Gently mix buttermilk and cream together in a 2-quart ceramic casserole dish.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into the prepared colander; drain for 45 to 60 minutes. Transfer drained cheese to a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator.