- Potatoes: 1 lb scrubbed
- Chicken or beef stock: ½ cup hot
- Rapeseed oil: 5 to 6 tablespoons
- German vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- German Mustard: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: ½ teaspoons
- Sea Salt: ½ teaspoons
- Cucumber: 1/3rd
- Dill pickle: 1 large
- Cooked bacon: 5 ounces chopped
- Spring onions: 2 chopped
- Onions: 1 small chopped finely
- Fresh chives: 2 tablespoons chopped
- Cherry tomatoes: 10 to 12 halved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- You begin by placing a deep pan on the heat. Then half fill the pan with water and also add salt to it. While the water gets to a boil cut the potatoes into large sized cubes till they become tender. When the potatoes are done drain out the water and then pour the hot stock on top of them. You will have to set them aside to cool down. In the process you will realise that the potatoes would have absorbed the stock.
- Now, on the side combine vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper along with oil. Then you will have to mix them together. With that done, set it aside.
- Next, you will have to halve the cucumbers lengthways and also remember to scoop out the seeds by using a teaspoon. Then you can dice them into cubes. Also take the pickles and chop them into the same sizes.
- Furthermore, go on mixing the cooked bacon along with bacon, cucumber, pickle, onions, chives and also the dressing into the cooled potatoes. Then you mix them properly. Just be careful with that and mix with a gentle hand. Add the tomatoes and mix. Then place everything in the refrigerator for a period of an hour or two.
- You can then serve the potato salad just by sprinkling the seasonings. The following recipe can easily serve four individuals.