- 14.08 oz. (400 g) potatoes
- 3.38 floz (100 ml) hot water
- 14.08 oz. (400 g) flour
- 1 1/4 ounces yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Peel and wash the potatoes, leave them to drain and then grate them finely. Place the grated potato in a bowl and pour over 3.38 floz (100ml) boiling water. Mix the flour with the dried yeast and salt. Add the potato and the egg to the flour mixture and knead the mixture together thoroughly. Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 437 F (225 degrees Celsius). Place the potato dough on a floured work surface and knead once more. With floured hands form a round bread shape from the dough. Place the potato bread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the centre of the oven.
- Spray a little water in the oven and close the door immediately. Bake the potato bread for 20 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 392 F (200 degrees C) and place near the bottom of the oven. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- To test whether the bread is baked through knock on the bottom of the bread with your knuckles. It should sound hollow.