- 2 sachets dried active baking yeast
- 8.45 floz lukewarm milk
- 17 oz. plain flour
- 2 1/2 oz. caster sugar
- 2 1/2 oz. soft butter
- pinch salt
- 7 oz. soft butter
- 7 oz. caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix the yeast with the milk. Let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes until the mix foams.
- Add the flour, sugar, butter and salt and knead into smooth dough. Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Knead the dough once more and roll out on a floured surface to a rectangle of approximately 70×30 cm.
- For the filling, stir together the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl until well mixed. Spread the filling evenly on the dough with a spatula or a scraper. Roll up the dough from the long side and cut into 5cm thick slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Place the rolls at a generous distance on the baking sheet and cover with a tea towel. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes until golden brown.