- 1 bottle of white wine (25 floz.)
- 4 eggs (or 8 egg yolks)
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- one packet of vanilla sugar (equivalent of 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 8.45 floz. of strong tea
- lemon or lemon juice
- Prepare the 8.45 floz of tea and allow to cool. Whisk the 5 tablespoons of sugar into the eggs (or egg yolks) and add a little cold white wine and then beat vigorously.
- Add the vanilla sugar to the mixture and pour in the remaining white wine, cinnamon, the cloves, lemon juice and the cooled tea.
- It is also optional to add 1.7 floz. of dark rum to the mixture. Transfer the mixture to a pan and gently heat. Do not let the mixture heat too quickly.
- Before the mixture comes to the boil remove from the heat, the mixture should be foaming on top.
- Remove the four cloves. Serve hot and foamy in a mug with optionally whipped cream on top and a ginger biscuit.
- (This recipe can also be made with red wine, however do not add 8.45 floz. strong tea to the mixture, this will also affect the number of servings too.